Thursday 12 July 2007

томск

Today, Valera drove my mom and I to Tomck to see my two cousins, Irina and Lena, and their two sons, Andre and Artyom. On the way to Tomck, we picked up my cousin, Nasdya, from her summer camp, Pioneer's Lodge. I took some pictures to show what kind of town I've been staying in for the last week.




The last one was taken in Tomck right outside my aunt's apartment, where we all met for a 5 hour lunch.

My younger nephew is so cute. He's only 11 months but look how big he is!

My mom adores her grand-nephew.

If couldn't tell from the last picture, the older nephew, Andre, loves taking photos.

He is also very jealous of his younger cousin who gets all the attention.

Everybody keeps saying how much I've grown but I can't agree. I still feel pretty little.

My mom brought her nieces (my cousins) mp3 players as presents but already had one so Andre got hers instead.

I think Nasdya had more fun teaching him use the mp3 player than teaching him how to read.

She's a good teacher, I have to admit.

On the way home we stopped by the river to gather some good stones for the sauna.

We brought our bathing suits because we thought of taking a swim to deal with the heat but it was too late by the time we were heading home. My uncle said the river is dirty near Tomck and cleaner close to Urga. When we got home, we could only handle a light dinner of traditional Russia variety.

The day left me exhausted so at around 11 I took this photo of the sunset and called it a night.

No comments: