Friday 20 July 2007

Алтай

I spent the night in the dorms as a figure of speech. I actually stayed up the whole night working the blog expecting to sleep on the 10 hour ride to Altai. The folks picked me up at 6am and as always, I had difficulty sleeping in the car so I listened to Russian rap and read most of the way. When we got there everyone was real excited about the beautiful location.


We got there just a little too late to catch lunch but we did catch a free dinner that was included in the resort package.

After dinner we walked around the resort soaking in the nice cool air. It was very refreshing after the everyday heat that we've been experiencing the last few days. There were two old rusty ships permanently docked as reminders of the origins of the resort so we had a little photo shoot with them.

I love sunsets in Siberia.

The fog rolled in over the lake and looked absolutely gorgeous.

After the walk we headed back to the the tent we had dinner for a little discoteca. Don't let this picture fool you, Russian's can't dance. Or atleast no better than the posers in the American dance clubs.

My mom told me that her massage left her feeling too relaxed for dance and it didn't make any sense to me. I was trying to get her to dance with me the whole night but she ended up saving herself for her brother.

No comments: