Tuesday 12 June 2007

Bay Sixty6 Skatepark and Henry VII pool

Sunday Night: I found that there is a decent "indoor" skatepark nearby. It used to be called the PlayStation Skatepark until XBox bought it and renamed it BaySixty6. Supposedly part of it burned down a few months ago and just yesterday they reopened the section that burned down. The part that didn't get burned down was pretty fun but the part that got rebuilt looks like something out of a video game. It didn't make any sense. There were a few rollerbladers but nobody to buddy up with for some good ol' street skating. Everyone was really friendly, even the skateboarders. I noticed there was a posting up for inline skate lessons being taught by someone named Emma. I asked the two guys working, Todd and Matt, what her deal was and apparently she used to be sponsored or something. Todd volunteered her number to me but I thought that would be a little wierd and I didn't have a phone of my own anyways. Next time I go to the park, I'll ask to use his phone to call her. The guys also gave me a tip to go check out the area across the river from the Embankment station. They said there would be some rollerbladers there.





After I got back to the hotel, I went to the pool and felt like a king. The pool water is really clean so I could open my eyes under water without feeling that oh-so familiar chlorine burn. There was a sauna too. I didn't have tokens to operate it but it was still hot from the last user. I got real comfortable in there and almost fell asleep if I hadn't been awakened to an elderly lady coming in.


No comments: