Saturday 23 June 2007

Napoli here we come.

It's Monday and I have internet once more. We didn't do anything special today but drive to Napoli, get lost, drive through Napoli, get terrified, leave Napoli. We checked into a hotel about 20 km outside of Napoli in a Camorra-run city, Caserta. They control Napoli too. Camorra is mafia-like organization in Italy. We got some good advice about where to get dinner from a police officer who was probably in the Camorra too. The pizza was baked in a fire oven pretty close to our table. The place was called Massa and was pretty fairly priced for everything it had to offer. We ordered two appetizers, I ordered a Calzone for the main dish. We were full after the appetizers but couldn't stop eating. Their house wine was amazing. I wish I could take some home with me. It tooke us nearly two hours but we finished all of our food and went home and passed out immediately.

No comments: