Tuesday 12 June 2007

Week before depature(part 2)

My sickness caused me to sleep in one to two hours bursts on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night. A painfully swollen throat kept me from talking, eating, and sleeping. Three of my five favorite activities so I was pretty miserable. On Thursday morning, I woke up feeling exceptionally miserably so I scheduled an urgent care appointment for 4:10 pm. I got there at 3:45. Doctor saw me at 5:30pm. I'm a pretty patient person usually but the Alameda Kaiser building was over air conditioned and I didn't bring a sweater so after an hour I was cuddling with myself inside my shirt for warmth. When the doctor saw me he immediately knew what was wrong: Strep throat. GASP! He prescribed some antibiotics and told me to take benadryl for the pain until I pass out and sent me on my way. I was already drinking Theraflu religiously with ibuprofen, and dipping into my stash of vicadin for the pain. When I got home, I jumped into bed and tried to sleep but felt this great burning sensation all over my body so I threw off the blankets. I feel like I was still on fire and had my brother check my temperature. I was at 102 point something and I don't even remember last time I had a fever. Seriously.
My brother left for hockey and I kept checking my temperature every 10 minutes or so and it kept going up. By the time my mom got home it was 104.1. She got pretty scared and took me to the ER where I got prescribed even more drugs. Yay.

No comments: