Wednesday 13 June 2007

Cannons, Animals, Sights, Guinness, and Underground

Monday morning we went to downtown by foot. It's probably about two miles but it took us two hours because we were following my dads lead and he wanted to hit every backwards alley humanly possible. Of course, I took it easy on my skates. We started by walking through Hyde Park again and came across the noon gun salute.



If ear plugs weren't invented before cannons, they were definitely invented at the same time. In this last shot, I tried getting ahead of the cannon line to take a picture of the smoke and got knocked off my feet taking this picture. Right after, I got bothered about my wheels for the first time. I pretended to be foreign, nodded, and smiled dumbly. Nearby there was a monument to Animals in War that I liked.



A little ways down the street was a rich neighborhood. I don't know why I took this picture but there's a Bentley in it.

We found this nice little alleyway to stop and have lunch.


We stopped at the park and had a smoke.


We went to some historic square in downtown and I decided to jump around.

We walked to Thames river and I took a couple of pictures from the bridge. West and East.


Afterwards, we headed to the pub for a nice pint of Guinness.


My parents headed to see Monty Python's Spam-a-Lot in the Theatre District and I went to catch the tube. I was so lost in the station but three 17 year old girls helped me figure things out. I was a little tipsy when I got back to the hotel and tried asking our receptionist about night life in the area. She didn't seem to understand English very well and I bet my American accent didn't help any so I just called it an early night.

No comments: