Friday 15 June 2007

Skating yet again

I woke up Thursday with an incredible headache and a mysterious pain in my knees. I think I was running down the stairs of the tube station too fast. My parents were dead asleep even after I got back from breakfast. After loading myself with as much food and liquid as possible to fight my hangover, my parents began waking up and I went back to sleep. I woke up around noon and they had gone on another sight seeing excursion. I went skating at the BaySixty6 skatepark again and met a British bloke named Simon. I also met two brothers from Las Vegas who were in London on Holiday as well. The younger one was 13 years old but he felt so much younger than the 12 year old who has been coming to the skatepark to watch and chat with the skaters this week. It feels like kids in London mature much faster than America. My dad says its just city kids but I believe that something about the American way of raising children in general. I skated with Simon for awhile but he wasn't a true rollerblader. On and off skater who doesn't seem to enjoy the sport half as much as me and my friends from home. I hanged out with him for a few hours after skating anyways and learned how to imitate his accent and picked up some british slang words like bare, buff, and brass. I don't know why they all start with a B when the British don't even bother pronouncing constants. We tried looking for a party but most of the kids our age were busy with finals. We took tube to his house, ate some food, watched a skate video, and I went home in search of some alternative form of entertainment. Got back to the hotel and spent some time on the internet trying to figure out what to do and decided I should just go to downtown to explore the night life. This turned out to be a little of a disappointment since everyone was much older than myself and much better dressed. I felt far too out of place to enjoy myself and took the train back. On the walk from the tube station, I picked up a 4-pack of italian beer and was enjoying it all to myself surfing the web in the hotel room until the parents came home. My mom joined me in the beer drinking and we went to sleep. Didn't take any pictures today. The London weather is starting to get to me.

No comments: