Tuesday 19 June 2007

Crazy Taxi

We had to wake up at 4am to catch our 7am flight to Rome. I actually woke up a little earlier to claim the shower. We packed, checked out, and met our taxi driver. He was the best driver. He ignored all the useless laws, spotted cops blocks away, cornered perfectly. He got us to the airport in half the time it took us to get to our hotel from the airport. I knew it was a minivan and our speed was probably unsafe but I didn't feel uncomfortable for one second. Simply spectacular driving. I salute you, early morning taxi driver. It reminded me that the Ferrari I saw parked in the middle of the Heathrow airport is wasted on poor drivers. I saw people entering the raffle but I was the first to actually look under the hood. I was very disappointed to see that it was only a V8.

No comments: